Venus BANANARAMA

 Venus

BANANARAMA

My Music Blog 

When I was an older child my stepsister Autumn, my stepbrother Samuel, my sister, my brother and I would go visit Dad and Donna’s occasionally on the weekends. Dad and Donna would move house a fair bit and for a time they were living up at Tascott at the Central Coast, NSW. 

We were all still relatively young, I was still a child and they were teenagers (I was the youngest). When we traveled up to Tascott we would travel alone and had no adult supervision. Adult supervision wasn’t a big deal back in the 1980's. Us three girls didn’t like to sit with our brothers so we would sit in a different carriage. Tascott at the time had a small train station so we had to travel on a particular carriage just so we could get off the train and be able to get onto the platform.  

On the way up to Tascott we would listen to music on our portable stereo. The girls liked Venus by Bananarama which was a huge hit at the time and my sisters would play that song so loud that every time Bananarama sang ‘Venus’ my sister and Autumn would scream out ‘Penis’ out loud. They thought it was hilarious but I’m not sure what the other passengers on the train thought. They probably thought we were a bunch of bogan teenagers and if they thought that then they were probably right. I was an introvert so I didn’t join in but my sister and Autumn were both extrovert. I did laugh because I thought they were both hilarious (but I laugh at almost everything). My laughing most likely encouraged them.

Every time I hear that song today it reminds me of the time the girls would play Venus song over and over again on the train and screaming out ‘Penis’ going up to Tascott.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OH, GOD! BOOK 2 (1980)

INDEPENDENCE DAY

DONNA