SCHOOL JOURNAL

 SCHOOL JOURNAL

I started writing a journal when I was at school and that wasn’t by choice as we were all forced to keep a journal in English class during high school. The first thing we had to do when we attended English class was to write in a journal. The teacher told us that no one would read our journals but that wasn’t true. Every blue moon the teacher would grab our journals and obviously read them. This is why I never wrote anything private in mine, not that I had anything private to write about. My school journal was just a collection of song lyrics from magazines, so it looked full but with little context.
In English class in high school, Molly would sit on the left side of me and Katie would sit on the right. One day our English returned our journals to us but refused to return the journal of one of the students in my class and told her she would have to speak to her at the end of the lesson. The head English teacher entered our classroom and this girl got into a shitload of trouble for something she wrote in her journal.
After I left school, my stepfather had an incinerator in our backyard which was basically a fire inside a metal bin type of thing. He was burning all this rubbish so I just grabbed all my school stuff, my uniforms, and my school books and just threw them in there. I don’t regret burning my school journals as it was nothing of interest in them. School was a bore and depressing.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OH, GOD! BOOK 2 (1980)

CREATURE FEATURES

ADRIAN MOLE